Saturday 18 August 2012

Yesterday morning, leaving Alberta

When I did my blog post yesterday I was just so excited about Saskatchewan that I totally forgot to write about our morning in Alberta!

It didn't take long for us to get to Calgary. It was cool to see the Olympic park with the ski jumps and luge track on the small hillside. We took the bypass around Calgary but it seemed that Calgary was still out at the bypass! We couldn't believe how many houses there were outside of the city. Thousands of houses that looked exactly the same. Neighbourhoods that had houses of four different plans, with four different colours, rotated at different angles so that they looked different. But, they really didn't look that different!

Although Drumheller was out of our way it had been years since either me or my papa were there, and Grayden had never been there so we took a bit of a detour to see it. It was just as cool as I remember it. I really wish I had taken and posted photos for those of you who have not been there before! I am beginning to realize that some of the highlights of my days in these posts are about our meals. The restaurant we went to for breakfast had four garden gnomes in the centre! I

The second half of Alberta was pretty flat. I think that is why I expected extreme flatness when we crossed the border into Saskatchewan! Canada is so cool, it has such diverse scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment