Thursday 16 August 2012

Beautiful British Columbia & Alberta Bound 0-950km

We spent day one of our trip crossing British Columbia. I was never amused to see the phrase "The Best Place on Earth" written across the front of high school provincial exams, but I have yet to see anywhere more wonderfully beautiful and diverse than British Columbia! It was a gorgeous day to begin the road trip.

We drove to Kamloops via the Coquihalla. I hadn't come this way for so long, so since we left Hope it's felt like a whole new adventure! Along the way we saw a deer and a few bears. Unfortunately we didn't see much wildlife in Banff National Park. Perhaps that's a good thing though, and that the wildlife is all happily in the forest, instead of behind the fences bordering the highway! But, I really would have liked to have seen some mountain goats!

Once we got to Banff National Park we realized we were going to have to be driving through, not spending the night, because all accommodations were either full, or extremely expensive. We got to have a look at Field, which had the cutest little homes all turned into rental places. In the evening I finally got to see my lovely Lake Louise. I'm only claiming to it since Louise is my middle name; I think that's fair! We stopped there quickly for a few photos before continuing our drive through the Rockies as the sun set. We are spending the night in Canmore, Alberta, which is also a beautiful place. 

We're looking forward to cruising across Alberta tomorrow and making our way into Saskatchewan. Hopefully our next hotel will have internet as well, and I will give a short update. 

I'm sure I've forgotten half the things I wanted to say, but it's time for bed! I have taken a few photos, but unfortunately I still don't have a cord to upload my photos to my computer. So this is my public apology to all of you who haven't seen any of my photos since Panama!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you already packed and left! And here I am still at home, haven't even started LOL Drive safely and see you very soon ;D

    ReplyDelete