Wednesday 15 August 2012

OH, here we go, CANADA

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to travel across Canada, to see every province and every territory. In the spring when I accepted a job offer as an English Language Assistant in New Brunswick I decided I would not be flying over Canada's central provinces once more! I have never seen what is in between Alberta and Ontario from the ground; I've only seen it as a patchwork of fields out an airplane window.

I left Telegraph Cove yesterday afternoon and arrived home around midnight. I had a full day on the Coast to unpack and repack for the trip! My summer in Telegraph Cove was fabulous, and as this is my "Coast to Coast" blog I should try and post some of my adventures from Vancouver Island.

Thursday July 16th I will be heading out on an adventure across Canada with my father Cash and my brother Grayden. I want to post in this blog about we see and do as we travel the country! We don't have much of a plan or schedule besides leaving in the morning of the 16th on the ferry, and arriving in Quebec City for the evening of August 22nd for my 3-day training session.

As for a bit more information about my job... I'm not too sure! I will be living in Caraquet, New Brunswick, working at Polyvalente Louis-Mailloux high school, teaching English. The program is called Odyssey and is run through the Council of Ministers of Education, and Canadian Heritage. I think I'll be learning just as much, if not more, than my students as I try to pick my French language skills back up!

Anyways, I should get a good rest for day one of the trip! We'll try to add new posts as we go along, and please take a moment to comment so that the time spent on here feels more worthwhile :) Currently listening to Classified's Oh Canada and getting excited!

PS Anyone who knows how I "pack" should be proud of me for the minimal amount of stuff I'm hauling along - I should take a picture! I guess it helps that the apartment I will be living in in Caraquet is completely furnished!

2 comments:

  1. One: I'm so sad I am missing out on this trip.
    Two: I don't even get a mention in this blog post? Ouch!
    Three: You read enough peoples blogs or at least have them saves in your bookmark bar it's about time you did your own.
    Four: As for a little about your job, umm I think you left out the most important part, YOU'LL BE LIIVNG SO CLOSE TO ME AND VICKY!
    Five: Of course you would listen to Oh Canada. Pretty sure if it was us driving across that was all I would hear all the way and I might finally learn all the lyrics to the rap like you already have. Luckily I think your dad may have a bit more of a filter authority...after he learns all the lyrics. Bets on who learns them first, your dad or Grayden?
    Six: You packed minimal? I notice this says minimal not light. What does that even mean Cassandra?
    And finally seven: HAVE SO MUCH FUN, BE SAFE, ADVENTURE, THINK OF ME, AND SEE YOU SO SO SOON!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we are ever driving together and you play Oh Canada by Classified, I will jump out of the moving car.

    Hope you're having a blast! Love reading all about it so far :)

    ReplyDelete